Why join Southwest Cardiovascular Associates (SWCVA) in Prescott/ Prescott Valley? Our multispecialty group practice focuses on providing high quality medical care, emphasizing a positive patient experience. We have clinic locations spanning from Prescott Valley in Northern AZ to Yuma, in the Southernmost part of our state. Our primary location and center of excellence, which includes an ASC, office-based lab, and complete cardiac testing facility, is in Mesa, Arizona.Being part of our dynamic healthcare team will provide continued opportunity for ongoing learning and growth within our outpatient clinics, surgical center, and the hospital.POSITION DETAILS
The advanced practice provider (APP) will provide direct patient care to new and established patients in the clinic and hospital setting along with our network of physicians. The APP will have the opportunity to assess, diagnose, and treat patients that have previously been evaluated by their supervising physician. Additionally, they will provide comprehensive care to patients who have undergone outpatient elective cardiac procedures, as well as providing acute post-procedure care to patients with same day or next day hospital discharge.JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats patients in the office setting referred for follow up care from the supervising physician.
- Order clinically indicated diagnostic testing.
- Timely completion of all visit notes and corresponding company billing processes, following CMS documentation and coding guidelines.
- Assist with triaging patient phone calls, patient walk-ins and clinical staff patient related questions.
- Reviews labs and other test results in the PAQ to determine clinical significance and the need for follow-up care for supervising physicians.
- Processes clinical tasks for supervising physicians daily to ensure timely and optimum patient care.
- Completes Peer to Peer calls for authorization of testing within 48 hours. Completes FMLA and Disability forms timely.
- Rounds on patients in the hospital setting as requested by their supervising physician and prepares preliminary hospital note for completion by the physician.
- Complies with the Arizona Medical Board Physician Assistant scope of practice.
- Certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license
- Current unrestricted DEA license
- 2 years previous cardiology experience preferred but not required however inpatient graduate rotations at minimum are required.
- Moving assistance provided
- Monday-Friday work schedules, Weekend call: one weekend every 5 weeks.
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Supplemental Health Insurance Plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- 7 Company Paid Holidays
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- Exceptional base salary with bonus opportunity
- Cost of license, DEA renewal, CME, and malpractice insurance
- $5,000 sign-on bonus